7/17/2009

An Evening Out

BeezleBub and I were out last evening, attending a showing of Harry Potter And the Half-Blood Prince at the movie theater in Plymouth, NH. It's become a tradition to see the Harry Potter movies at the Plymouth theater, something I've done since the first one came out. And as tradition also demands, we saw it with Submarine Tim, his boss Dawn, and their #2 son, Paul. Their #1 son, Peter, who bears a striking resemblance to Harry Potter as portrayed by Daniel Radcliffe, was unable to join us as he's presently serving in the US Navy.

I liked the movie, but I do have to say it was a rather dark film. But then anyone reading the Harry Potter books would know this particular movie would be so.

After we left the theater we were treated to another show of sorts – a severe thunderstorm passing to the north of town. The lightning display was spectacular, lighting up the sky from horizon to horizon. I've not seen a storm like that since one particular Fourth of July way back in the late 1960's when I was still a kid. That one scared the bejeezus out of me as I'd never seen a storm so violent in all my 12 or 13 years. The one last night reminded me of that one, though at a much more respectful distance.

Still, it was awesome, in a literal sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.