10/28/2006

Shooting Themselves In The Foot?

I can understand volunteer organizations that provide emergency support to the public wanting to make sure that its volunteers are on the up and up by performing background checks on those volunteers. But I think this one may have gone too far.

Unless I've misread the article from one of the organizations to which I belong, the American Red Cross will be doing more than running a criminal background check, the organization they have performing the background checks will also be checking credit reports and investigative consumer reports.

I'm sorry, but what the hell do those have to do vetting volunteers that support the efforts of the American Red Cross?

I don't know about you, but I am less inclined to use my knowledge and expertise to support Red Cross operations under these circumstances. They have no need to know my credit score. My credit score is no indicator of how well I'll perform my duties. Quite frankly, it's none of their damn business.

Am I missing something here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.