3/10/2012

I Can See The Light...


It's been a few days since I've sat down in front of the keyboard. I have a good excuse.

In reference to my previous post, my post-op status is good. The surgery I had was to remove a cataract from one eye. The surgery went well, however the adjustment from my previous 'just OK' vision to my new and improved vision has taken longer than I expected. While before I was severely myopic I now have clear distance vision. My close-in vision, however, has changed. This was not unexpected.

In order to be able to see the computer monitor correctly requires a new set of glasses, something I have not yet acquired. Until then I am using a set of not-all-that-great reading glasses that let me see the monitor well enough, but not so well that I want to sit in front of the computer for more than 15 minutes or so. That won't stop me from blogging. It's just that I may not go into as much detail (or semi-polite invective) as I might otherwise.