7/04/2011

Titus Going Galt?

BeezleBub and I watched Christopher Titus' Take America Back show on Comedy Central Sunday evening. He covered a wide range of topics, all dealing with taking back America and making it great again.

He touched upon one of my favorite topics – parenting. I won't bore you with the details of that as you can see it for yourself on Comedy Central or their website, but I have to say I agree with him, specifically on the topic of 'touchie-feelie' parents without the balls to discipline their brat of a kid. That wasn't the only topic he covered, of course. He got into a number of others, including racism, the economy, and government. On these last two he hit a home run.

He made a suggestion that struck a chord with both me and my son, bringing up a subject near and dear to my heart – the government's inability to stop wasting time and money trying to fix something they broke. His suggestion sounded like something right out of Atlas Shrugged.

I can't quote verbatim, so I'm not even going to try. But here's the gist of it:

Pick a day during the week (I think Titus said a Wednesday for a reason I won't go into), and between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, stop doing what you're doing. Don't work. Don't answer the phone. Don't drive. Don't shop. Don't travel. Don't do anything.

Right after 4 o'clock, we all send a text message to Congress and the President that says “If you guys don't stop screwing around and fix what you guys screwed up, we'll do this for a month!”

Do you think if we all went Galt for a couple of hours they might take notice?