MSNBC Gun Poll Backfires

From Legal Insurrection comes this gem:

MSNBC poll about guns backfires fabulously.

The folks at MSLSD decided they would ask the people what they thought about guns in public, so they hosted a poll that asked but a single question:

Do you think people should be allowed to carry guns in public?

There were three answers to choose from:

Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it.

No, it’s too dangerous.

Only for self defense.

I figure they were expecting to see a majority of those answering the poll to say “No”. I have no doubt the folks there were hoping to see that their dwindling number of viewers would agree with their viewpoint that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens was a bad idea.

It didn’t quite work out that way.

After more than 547,000 responses, the results showed that 92% of those voting answered “Yes”, the remaining 8% split evenly between “No” and “Only for self defense”.

I guess MSLSD doesn’t really understand the American public anywhere near as well as they thought. (That goes for the rest of the MSM-DNC as well.)