2/02/2017

It's Getting Worse...Not Unexpectedly

It’s been an education, being relegated to working at home over the past few weeks. As I have made myself comfortable on one of the recliners in our living room, laptop in place and logged into work via our VPN, I have had the opportunity to catch some of the morning news programs, particularly Good Morning America and Fox and Friends, as well as an occasional look at Today and CBS This Morning.

One of the things I noticed was the shift in the reporting and commentary, with the usual suspects becoming heavily negative after Donald Trump’s inauguration. With the exception of Fox News, the MSM-DNC have gone into full attack mode, declared war on the Trump Administration, and have absolutely nothing positive to say about him, his cabinet picks, and his Supreme Court nominee.

It has gotten so bad that I can barely tolerate more than a few minutes of their barely disguised hostility and increasingly shrill pontificating about what’s wrong at the White House and their smarmy insistence that the American people need to start thinking like they do…or else.

Over the past couple of mornings I haven’t bothered looking at any of the morning ‘news’ shows and I feel a lot better. Instead I record a few programs overnight and play them back during the day, keeping me from being tempted to turn to the news.

In case you’re wondering, I have the TV on more for background noise rather than entertainment, but I want it to be good background noise, not the kind that gets me riled up.