12/11/2008

Ice Storm Nastiness

It's an off night for me. Not that I've got nothing to write about, that usually being the least of my problems. Instead, I'm dealing with the nasty sleet, ice, and freezing rain that's been falling since earlier today. We've been fortunate (so far) to not suffer any power outages here at The Manse due to ice laden powerlines failing. However, elsewhere in New Hampshire it's been a real problem.

Because of one of my other vocations, I am off to the state Emergency Operations Center to do my duty as a communications reservist. (Basically, I man a radio console that ties in a number of state agencies as well as amateur radio operations. It's getting busy out there.)

Regular blogging will resume on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.