12/28/2011

Damn, It's Back!


Here it is, I thought I was past the effects of the stomach bug that hit on Christmas night, but early this morning I was up again paying a visit to the bathroom about every 15 to 20 minutes. This precluded me from joining Deb and BeezleBub for a trip down to the WP In-Laws.

This being sick shtick is gettin' old real fast.

UPDATE: Deb and BeezleBub got home from the In Laws around 8PM. Deb informed me that just a few miles from home BeezleBub asked her to stop the car, whereupon he exited and vomited. Once home he did that some more and has been suffering diarrhea since then.

Poor kid. I know exactly what he'll be going through for the next 24 hours or so.

UPDATE 2: We ended up having to take BeezleBub to the ER at the local hospital. We couldn't keep him hydrated and the cramps were excruciating. (As bad as I was during my bout with this, he was far worse. I got alarmed when his lower back started aching, a symptom that he was so dehydrated that his kidneys were shutting down.) After 2 liters of saline, dilaudid, anti-nausea/vomiting meds, and 3 hours on a bed in the ER, he was feeling much better. We got him home about 3:30AM.