2/25/2024

Thoughts On A Sunday

I can’t believe just how much this case of bronchitis has been kicking me in the butt, particularly yesterday. (Today isn’t much better...so far.) It seems I’ve been dealing with this for a month and every time I thought I was finally seeing an end to it it would return with a vengeance. About the only positive thing about this is that I know it isn’t Covid. (Three negative Covid tests tell me that.)

It has certainly affected me in ways I hadn’t expected it to and I’m not talking out the symptoms or their side effects. Its more to do with not wanting to expose anyone, particularly the WP Mom, to what I’ve been dealing with over the past month. That has meant working from home more than usual, foregoing meetings or attending them via Teams, Zoom, or GoToMeeting, and curtailing social activities. It has sucked. In some ways it was worse than anything we dealt with during the whole Covid pandemic scam.

It has also left me tired which has meant I haven’t had energy for many of my usual activities, including blogging. When I’m going to bed an hour or two earlier than usual it eats into what little free time I have and most of the time I blog it’s during the evening. (TOAS is an exception as I work on it here and there throughout the day.) It’s the reason my Friday post was delayed one day and why there was no Saturday post.

Hopefully I’ll get past this soon enough and everything can get back to normal.

==++++==


Is the outcome of yesterday’s GOP primary in South Carolina a surprise to anyone? That Trump won in all but three the districts in the state says something, particularly about Nikki Haley’s popularity. She was a pretty good governor from what I gathered and an equally good UN ambassador. (Ironically, she was appointed by Trump.)

Does Haley’s trouncing by Trump mean she’s ready to drop out? From what reports I’ve seen it appears she’s going to wait until after the Super Tuesday Primaries to make a decision about whether she’ll remain in the race or not.

I expect she’ll be spending a lot of time hopping from state to state over the next couple of weeks, attempting to visiting Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont and Virginia if she can. The only place she definitely won’t be visiting is American Samoa, which is also holding its primary on that same day.

==++++==


It seems that Sweden’s “tolerance of diverse youth” has a problem, that problem being those diverse youth have no tolerance for the Swedes in any way shape or form.

It could be the reason a lot of Swedes would like to see those diverse youth and their families to go back to the Muslim countries from whence they came. Considering violent crime, particularly sexual assault, has skyrocketed in Sweden, most being committed by Sweden’s Muslim refugees, I can see why the Swedes would like them to leave.

If memory serves, Norway has been having a similar problem.

==++++==


From the “Just When I Thought They Couldn’t Get Any Stupider” Department comes this from Seattle:

Seattle Public School Kids Being Told Proper English and Grammar is ‘White Supremacy’

This headline makes me want to ask this question: Is it only proper English and grammar that are ‘rayciss’? Or is it only Western languages – English, French, German, Flemish, Italian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Portuguese, and so on – where proper usage and grammar are ‘rayciss’? Or is it all languages worldwide?

If I had to guess – and I don’t need to – it’s primarily the Western European languages, with the exception of Spanish, that are seen as ‘rayciss’.

Buncha’ friggin’ morons. They need to be fired, removed from any position with any connection to educating children because of their moronic ideology.

==++++==


Vegan leather? Really?

==++++==


What do the latest statistics tell us about gun ownership in the US? A lot.

In 2023, 32% of Americans own at least one firearm. There are approximately 259,000,000 adults, which equates to 82,880,000 people who own a firearm in the U.S.

Firearm ownership increased by 6.7% in the U.S. (all demographics) between 2017 and 2023. During that same time period, women increased ownership by 13.6%, and Hispanics increased ownership by 33.3%.

Not only is gun ownership on the rise, but some demographics are purchasing guns at higher rates today than ever before.

Furthermore, 7.5 million adults (2.9% of adults in the U.S.) became first-time gun owners between 2019 and 2021. Of those, 5.4 million did not have a firearm in the household before purchasing.

The post has a number of enlightening charts and statistics which will counter many of the claims of anti-gunners. It delineates the number of American households with guns, the number of guns an average gun owner has, as well as the primary reasons why Americans own guns.

==++++==


And that’s the (abbreviated) new from Lake Winnipesaukee, where the lake still isn’t frozen over, we’re going from single digit low temperatures (this morning) to high temps in the 50’s on Wednesday, and where Monday is (inevitably) arriving again whether we want it to or not.