12/26/2021

Thoughts On A Sunday

It is a the last Thoughts On a Sunday for 2021, but it will be an abbreviated one as there have been all kinds of doings for Christmas.

It being Christmas weekend it’s been busy. Yesterday we were supposed to make the trip down to the oldest WP Sister’s place to celebrate Christmas, but Mother Nature had other ideas, gracing us with freezing rain in the morning and snow in the early afternoon and then later in the evening. Instead, we headed down late this morning, hence the abbreviated TOAS today.

The freezing rain coated the roads and highways, causing numerous multiple-car accidents. The WP Mom, my sister and I decided it was best if we postponed our trip down to visit until today. Katy had to delay her trip to her cousins on Cape Cod yesterday by a couple of hours to allow the highway crews to get I-95 through Connecticut cleaned up. (They didn’t have nearly the amount of freezing rain we experienced up here in New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts.)

The WP-Mom, BeezleBub and I did manage to get over to the ex’s place for dinner on Christmas Eve, something that made our delayed Christmas Day celebration tolerable.

With all of that being said, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day!

==+==


I have to say that Christmas was paradoxical this year, with it winding up the excitement for the past couple of weeks and the day that passed by so quickly. It felt a bit more low-key to me as compared to some that have gone before. There didn’t seem to be the stress that sometimes comes with the Christmas holiday. (I admit that I actually enjoy Thanksgiving more than Christmas as there usually isn’t as nearly the stress on Thanksgiving one usually sees with Christmas.)

There didn’t seem to be the pressure to come up with the right gifts for friends and family this year. It was easier, somehow. Even finding the right gifts for Katy was not as stressful as I expected it to be. I knew exactly what I wanted to get for her and I knew exactly where to find them. Even finding something for the WP Mom was easier this year, something I never thought I’d ever say.

All in all, it was a great Christmas.

==+==


And one last thing for Christmas, particularly for my fellow geeks:


==+==


And that’s Christmas from Lake Winnipesaukee, where it was a White Christmas, it’s cold, and where preparations for New Year’s are under way.