6/05/2009

Obama's Cairo Speech

I had thought to comment last night on President Obama's speech in Cairo, but then figured I'd wait a day so I could see other people's reactions to it. The best one I saw was shown on ABC's World News, and it mirror's my own opinion. The comment came from a representative from Al Arabiya TV and shows the media in Middle East may be more savvy than the US MSM. To paraphrase the response (since I'm too lazy to look at it again on the Web):

“It was an interesting speech. Long on hope but short on promises.”

Obama does do that, painting a pretty picture with words, but promising little, if anything. He just makes the people think he's making promises. Once you go back and read the speech you realize it was semantically null.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.