7/26/2026

Thoughts On A Sunday

It’s been a beautiful weekend up here at the lake. Warm temps, low humidity, and just enough of a breeze to keep thinks comfortable. It certainly made it easier for the folks who attended last night’s concert at out local venue. Both Styx and Chicago performed last night, the latest acts from the Before We Get Too Old Or Die tour.

The weekend traffic here has been quite heavy, more than I recall from last year. I have also noticed that air traffic at our local airport (which happens to be right next door to our local concert venue) has also been quite heavy. I haven’t seen that many business jets parked on the airport’s itinerant ramp that I can recall. I know the FBO’s at the airport are selling a lot more Jet A fuel than they ever have. (It also helps that our airport has the lowest Jet A prices in New Hampshire.)

The WP Mom and I made a trip to out local Dairy Queen to avail ourselves of their Blizzards. I prefer the Oreo Blizzard and she prefers a Butterfinger Blizzard. This we do a number of times during the season, visiting all of the local ice cream establishments and sampling their wares...for quality control, of course.

==++++++==


Why doesn’t any of this surprise me in the least?

It seems that a lot of conspiracy theorists who delved into the Covid fauxdemic were right, and that Fauci had a lot more to do with it and that he knew his ‘recommendations’ were absolute BS.

How much unnecessary suffering and economic disruption can be laid at the feet of Fauci, the CDC, etc. forcing us to take precautions they knew were worthless?

==++++++==


Tell us something that we don’t already know>

It’s Hollywood’s fault that Hollywood is dying and the proposed merger between Paramount and Warner Brothers has nothing to do with it.

Far from “thriving,” theaters sold roughly 770 million tickets last year — down 37% from 2019 and less than half the 1.57 billion sold at the 2002 peak. The share of adults who see a movie at least monthly has fallen by more than half. Receipts hold up only because the average ticket now runs north of $13. Charging ever more to ever fewer people is not a thriving business; it is a shrinking one, repriced. And moviegoers will tell you why they stopped coming: nearly 2 in 5 adults who attend less often say there is simply not a good enough variety of new films worth the trip.

Count me among those who think movies are not good enough anymore. The last movies I saw in a movie theater were Bohemian Rhapsody (2018), Yesterday (2019), and Downton Abbey (2019). I haven’t set foot in a movie theater for almost 7 years. These days I tend to stream them even if I have to wait for a few months before I can do so. It’s cheaper. I also already know if it’s a decent movie. Refreshments are cheaper (and abundant), and I can pause it any time I want to to either get more snacks or go to the bathroom. I don’t have to worry about loudmouths or people who are incapable of putting their damn phones away which can spoil my enjoyment of a movie.

I think Hollywood as we have known it is doomed, if not already dead. More production has been taking place well outside California because the producers don’t have to answer to the self-important ‘wokerati’ who have worked so hard to make movies unwatchable.

==++++++==


It appears the ‘wokerati’ are also busy in Washington D.C., specifically at the Smithsonian Institute where they are trying very hard to ‘Erase our Founders and Reinvent American History’. After all, if they don’t there’s no way the Communists presently masquerading as Progressives and Democratic Socialists can take over and turn the US into a new version of the USSR.

The Smithsonian is supposed to be a place where America’s history is celebrated and taught. It is not a place where history is censored, reshaped, reinvented, and our Founders vilified and erased. But that is what has been happening over the last few years.

“At a time when the soul of our country is being tested, our Talking About Race portal will help individuals and communities foster constructive conversations and much-needed dialogue about one of our nation’s most challenging topics: racism and its corrosive impact,” the museum began in a July 15, 2020, Twitter thread. “As an institution devoted to learning and education, we welcome those discussions while also encouraging the public to take a holistic approach and read the information in its full context,” it concluded.

Yes, that was at the same time riots over fentanyl-riddled criminal George Floyd and his 4 funerals were taking place. Democrats were kneeling and evidently the Smithsonian museums were working behind the scenes to redesign American history into their favored DEI woke narratives, which includes an inability to define what a woman is.

If they want to destroy America, first they have to destroy our Founders, paint them as criminals, judge them against 21st Century ‘sensibilities’ which is designed to reduce their stature, if not their eliminate them entirely.

The Smithsonian needs to be revamped, purging the ‘wokerati’ who have absolutely no intention of preserving our history.

==++++++==


You know that judges are getting uppity and are ignoring the law when they decide they do not have to abide by the Constitution or US Supreme Court decisions because they consider themselves The Law In And Of Themselves. The latest example of that is a Biden appointed federal judge who ignored a Supreme Court ruling regarding Temporary Protected Status terminations.

A Biden-appointed judge completely ignored the Supreme Court ruling from last month which affirmed that the law does not allow for judicial review of these TPS terminations, and blocked DHS trying to end TPS for Ethiopian nationals.

This is the same judge who left ICE agents stranded in Africa last year when he blocked a plane of criminal illegals from being deported to South Sudan.

--snip--

The Supreme court ruled, in the case of Syrian and Haitian nationals, that neither were “entitled to orders postponing the terminations during litigation” because “The TPS statute bars judicial review of non-constitutional claims.”

[U.S. District Judge Brian Murphy of the District of Massachusetts] will most certainly be overruled on appeal.

I have to wonder if he’s a buddy of Judge Boasberg who likes to order aircraft in international airspace to land in the U.S.?

It’s time to let these rogue judges know that they must follow the law, the Constitution, and the rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court, or be kicked out for violating of their oaths and judicial malfeasance. They cannot create laws by fiat just because they don’t like something.

==++++++==


And that’s the news from Lake Winnipesaukee, where the weather has been awesome as has the ice cream, much needed rain will be moving in starting Tuesday, and where Monday should be called “The Day That Shall Not Be Named”.