A lot of those World Cup tourists have since returned home to Europe and are finding out that they miss America and the things they experienced here and wish that they had back home.
I can certainly understand their reactions after having been in the US for a few weeks. I know I missed the “conveniences” when I was in the UK and a few other European countries. There are more than a few ‘regulars’ I see on YT that talk about making the move from the UK to the US, and two are in the process of house-hunting in Tennessee after visiting and touring America for a few years now.
One thing I have heard more than a few of the World Cup tourists say is that the World Cup in 2028 should also be held in the US. So many of them were amazed at the stadiums and their amenities. (They really liked the air-conditioned stadiums considering the temperatures and humidity were much much higher than what they are used to.)
I have to wonder if the discoveries made by the World Cup tourists will stimulate increased tourism to the US going forward? More than a few of them have already said they’d be back to see more of America because they want to discover even more about the country they didn’t have time for during their first visit. The only regrets they have expressed about visiting America is that they wish they had come earlier and that they had to go back home.