8/19/2023

Hilary Versus Hillary

I will admit the first time I heard the Weather GuysTM talking about Hillary, I thought they were talking about Hillary Clinton. It had me wondering why they were talking about her. What did she have to do with weather reports?

It wasn’t until the third or fourth time I heard a weather forecast make mention that I realized they were talking about Hurricane Hilary. (Yes, the hurricane has one “l” in its name while the destruction that is Mrs. Clinton has two “l’s” in her name.”)

This had me contemplating how much damage the hurricane will do to California as compared to the damage Hillary Clinton has done to California...and the rest of the nation. I expect the hurricane will cause considerable flooding due to heavy rains forecast to fall in some areas. One forecaster stated some areas of California will receive a year’s worth of rain in only a day or two.

I will admit my first thought was “Oh, so some places might get up to an inch of rain!”, a bit of a snarky response because some parts of California – in other words some of the desert areas - might only get that amount of rain each year. But up to 12 inches of rain have been forecast in some areas.

There is the storm surge some of the coastal areas will have to deal with. One of the TV reports showed coastal communities preparing sand and gravel berms on the beach and filling thousands of sandbags in preparation for both storm surge and flooding from the heavy rains. It isn’t often you see people filling sandbags in places like San Diego and Los Angeles.

Now if they can only keep Hillary Clinton out of California during this otherwise I expect her presence will trigger the San Andreas Fault on top of everything else.