4/23/2020

It Continues...For Now

As we’re still dealing with the direct and indirect effects of the coronavirus, I was not surprised to receive an e-mail from my employer informing me and my fellow employees that our company’s “work at home” directive will be extended to June 1st, adding a month to the to the original directive. Not that it really affects me all that much as I have been spending an equal amount of time working at home and the lab, and that suits me just fine. The split lets me deal with the two aspects of my work – paperwork and lab work – without interruption. Each has its pros and cons, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

I’m hoping I will be able to continue doing so after our “work at home” directive expires. In fact, The Powers That Be have seen some real advantages of more of the various staff working from home.

Here’s hoping they decide it’s a good policy, even on an occasional basis.