10/08/2009

Avarice And Ignorance In Detroit

One of my co-workers alerted me to this, and reading it (and later listening to it), the ignorance and avarice displayed here does not surprise me. Via Rush Limbaugh (No, I'm not one of his listeners. As I said, a co-worker sent this to me. Really ! She did!):

Cobo Hall, Detroit. Listen to this. Now, we had audio out of there yesterday. We're going to repeat that. We got new audio today from Ken Rogulski of our affiliate there, WJR. Detroit Free Press: "'Cobo a Scene of Desperation' -- Social service agencies are bracing for more troubles. The economic tsunami washing over metro Detroit swept its casualties to the doors of Cobo Center on Wednesday in the form of 35,000 people so desperate for help with mortgage and utility bills that threats were made, fights broke out and people were nearly trampled." This is Obama's America.

--snip--

[H]ere's a portion of Ken Rogulski reporting on WJR in Michigan, two people here in line for Obama cash.

ROGULSKI: Why are you here?

WOMAN #1: To get some money.

ROGULSKI: What kind of money?

WOMAN #1: Obama money.

ROGULSKI: Where's it coming from?

WOMAN #1: Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?

WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from, but he givin' it to us, to help us.

WOMAN #2: And we love him.

WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

His stash? Really? Does she really thing this money is coming from Obama's own bank account? While some truly needed the aid, far too many were there to get “free government money”. Never mind that they weren't entitled to it.

Read on for more incredulity.

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was forgiven (sic) by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

She wants the money, but she doesn't know where it's coming from. For her and those like her it just magically appears. They don't realize the money they want comes from the pockets of their fellow citizens, or worse, was borrowed from the Chinese. And they probably don't care.

But because the Obamessiah is providing for them, they don't care. They don't care that the money must be taken away from someone else to be given to them. Money earned by others will be used to 'help' them, in turn helping Obama stay in office because these same people will vote for him come the next election. It doesn't really matter that his 'gift' is really a trap, one that will keep far too many of these people beholden to him and the government for the rest of their lives.

I hope they enjoy their re-enslavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.