1/28/2014

SOTU 2014

I just finished the State of the Union address and there are two immediate observations I have to make.

First, Obama used I/me/my 78 times. (I did not include those words used in a different context such as when he was quoting a letter.) This total was one of the lowest I've seen from Obama's SOTU speeches.

Second, did anyone notice that Joe Biden looks like Walter from Jeff Dunham's act? The only difference between Walter and Joe is that Joe has a little more hair on his head.

Another observation: Obama included quite a few egregious canards, including the number of people signed up for ObamaCare, the unemployment rate, income inequality, the quality of the American public education system, the energy strategy, and a few other whoppers.

In other words, it was a typical Obama campaign speech.