11/13/2021

I Hate Standard Time

I have had enough of changing our clocks twice a year.

It’s a pain for me and a lot of other people. That Standard Time only lasts 4 months while Daylihjy Savings Time lasts 8 months has me wondering why we still call it Standard Time. Frankly, I really have no use for Standard Time. Considering New England is at the extreme eastern side of the Eastern Time Zone which is quite wide compared to the other time zones in North America, it makes for late sunrises and early sunsets during the 4 months of Standard Time. For me it means going into work in the dark and driving home in the dark. At least if we remained in Daylight Savings Time I would have some daylight at the end of the day.

It became real for me today when I was running errands just before noon. It didn’t feel like noon at all.

I could have sworn it was closer to 3 in the afternoon, the way it felt.

It’s only going to get worse over the next six weeks.

It’s time for this twice annual event to stop, at least in the easternmost sides of the time zones, and particularly at the northern part of those time zones. It is far more disruptive than just leaving the clocks set to DST year round.

It’s time to end the time change madness. It serves no useful purpose other than to cause disruption, confusion, and problems.