9/02/2017

Leftists Decry Hard Word And Civility As "Hate Speech"

When I read the National Review post I linked in my previous post a bit closer, I realized I had forgotten to comment upon something that really made me shake my head in disbelief.

Were you planning to instruct your child about the value of hard work and civility? Not so fast! According to a current uproar at the University of Pennsylvania, advocacy of such bourgeois virtues is “hate speech.”

So inculcating your children with a work ethic and civility towards others is now considered racist/sexist/whateverist? (Yes, I made up that last word to cover a wide range of “isms”.) In what kind of twisted and drug-infested world can either of those two be considered “hate speech”? Are we all supposed to be rude slackers who haven't worked at anything more than difficult that ordering the fat-free decaf latte through a smart phone app? Or is all their work time taken up with being useless and unproductive SJW's “For the betterment of everyone who agrees with them?”

I dare you oh-so-concerned SJW's to tell these guys that hard work and civility is hate speech and tell me how it worked out for you.