1/06/2024

Peaceful Men Are Not Harmless Men

I comment I wrote elsewhere had me thinking about a number of issues plaguing our country today, with one of most troubling is the US sliding deeper into tyranny, driven by people who see themselves as the elite even though they have the morals and ethics of gutter snipes.

What brought this up was a discussion where I mentioned it will be the peaceful men will be the ones to settle the problems, particularly should the feces hit the rotary oscillator.

My discussion companion was obviously confused. I think he may have confused ‘peaceful man’ with ‘harmless man’, so I explained it to him.

A peaceful man is not a harmless man. Quite the contrary.

A peaceful man is not harmless. He is dangerous. He will do what is necessary to maintain a peaceful life. If the peace is broken he will do whatever is necessary to restore it, including committing acts of violence in order to do so. If those acts of violence are directed towards a dysfunctional and increasingly tyrannical government as a means of restoring the peace, then it shows just how bad things have gotten.

Let’s pray that the peaceful men amongst us won’t have to go that far. But let us also be thankful that such men are amongst us should we need them.