7/16/2017

Thoughts On A Sunday

The King is dead! Long Live the King!

Or in this case the trusty F150.

Yes, my trusty 14-year old truck is no longer here. After years of faithful service the body rust got so bad that it would have taken a minimum of $6000 to make it roadworthy. While the frame and mechanicals were all in great shape, both the bed and cab had extensive rust and after some thought both Deb and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth dropping that kind of money into a vehicle that wasn't worth that even if it had been in pristine condition. So it was time to find a worthy replacement.

The trusty F150 languished in the garage since January, trapped there for two reasons: I wasn't able to drive due to an injury that left me dependent upon others to get around and; the F150 failed its annual safety inspection (the rust) and couldn't be driven until the rust was repaired and was deemed safe to drive again. In May I started gathering estimates for the work and almost every shop told me the same thing – it wasn't worth fixing unless I was going to keep it for sentimental reasons. (I haven't been sentimental about any vehicle with the exception of my dear departed grandparents' 1960 Cadillac coupe as I remember so many trips with them in that land yacht of a car.) So it was time to find a replacement.

It took almost 6 weeks, but I finally found a truck I liked that was within my price range: a 2014 Ram 1500 4X4. I did all of the due diligence, checking websites like Edmunds, NADA, and Cars.com for reviews of this particular model, looking for any problems or issues. With very few exceptions, everyone liked the truck and sang its praises. That was enough for me.

So this past Tuesday Deb and I climbed into the trusty F150 for the last time, hoping the local gendarmerie wouldn't notice I didn't have a valid inspection sticker, drove it the 11 miles to the dealer who was taking it in trade, handed the keys over. Ten minutes later we had finished the last of the paperwork, the temporary license plate was in place, and Deb and I headed home in the trusty Ram 1500. Hopefully it will serve me as well as the F150 did and last as long, if not longer.

*****************


This is disturbing on so many leevls I haven't a clue as where to begin.

You know a feminist really hates any human with a 'Y' chromosome when she publicly condemns her sons as rapists and sexists because they will no longer endure her constant emotional abuse. Not that they've actually done anything wrong. But she apparently hates the idea that she wasn't able to turn them into women with penises. Instead, they have done what anyone would under those circumstances – rebel. But wait, there's more!

Imagine what it must feel like to know if you ever end up in court your own mother is going to testify for the prosecution! When your own mom views your natural masculinity as "toxic," it's probably not going to foster a tight relationship or respect for her dearly held belief system. It's sad to imagine teen boys in that terribly awkward time trying to figure out who they are and what their passion is while this woman is flogging them in the newspaper for the sins of rapists (even though they never raped anyone). Lady, high school is hard enough. Maybe you should refrain from blaming the world's ills on your own flesh and blood. But that's just me.

It gets worse. It appears that Allard wrote an article several years ago claiming one of her sons was suicidal and yet she continues to write about him as being culpable for rape culture. She's done it again in a new article titled, “I'm Done Pretending Men Are Safe (Even My Own Sons)”.

Her problem isn't the patriarchy or rape culture. It has nothing to do with “toxic masculinity” or humans with a 'Y' chromosome. It has everything to do with the fact that she is a one mentally ill shithead who should have never been allowed to raise her kids. The only thing toxic in her life is her own delusions and that they've driven her to emotionally abuse her sons because they aren't girls. Normally I am not one that would suggest such a thing, but I think it's time for Child Services to do their job and get her kids away from this abusive excuse for a woman.

It's all about toxic feminism! Reading the comments to the linked post, just about everyone agrees her kids would be better off with someone else.

*****************


The past few months have been like a flashback to the 1950's where Democrat Congresscritters are almost wetting themselves as they look for Russians under Trump's bed. They see them everywhere even when no one is actually there. Every time the DNC-MSM creams themselves because they think they've found the last little bit of evidence that will force Trump out of office it turns out to be a “nothingburger”.

I have to wonder who will end up being the Democrats' version of Tailgunner Joe McCarthy? So far no one wants to take that position. Considering what his downfall looked like I doubt anyone is in a hurry to fill that slot.

*****************


There's deluded, and then there's deranged. This is deranged.

Silly reason why mother won't allow her son to accept a perfect school attendance award: “In this family you are not shamed for ill health.”

My question: Did he ever make fun of or shame anyone who didn't have a perfect attendance record? Somehow I doubt he has.

His mom has imbibed of the Progressive kool-aid. The only one that should be ashamed is her.

*****************


Oh, Yeah! Let's bring back segregation! It worked so well the last time it was tried.

What makes this idea even more ludicrous is that it isn't even white people bringing up the idea, but black people. It's quite evident they never learned or were never taught the lessons about segregation in the South. If they see it as panacea to all their ills then they have chosen to ignore what's already happened in some of the self-segregated sections of cities like Detroit and Chicago. That's worked out so well for our African American brethren.

*****************


I don't know why I missed this, but it's been out there for a month.

All my Progressive friends are members of the #Resist movement.  I am not a Trump supporter, but I'm not suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, either.  He's had mixed results so far.  Nothing outlandish, nothing crazy. I think he's accomplished quite a bit (both better and worse) for not passing a single piece of major legislation.  His bluster and hyperbole bug me, but that's just talk and Tweets.  I've seen and heard worse from regular politicians.  Yet it's these words that set off the #Resist people.  They go bonkers over every little thing!  It's fascinating.

Prior to the election, when it seemed Hillary was a shoo-in, they were treading lightly, saying nice things like "Whoever wins, we should unify after the election, the nation needs to come together."  Their hubris and expectation of a big win offered them the comfort to feel they could say this, with smug delight, to set off anyone who might consider Trump a viable vote.  These are the same people that spent 8 years complaining about Republican filibustering and 'obstruction' of the Obama agenda.  "Why can't the Republicans stop OBSTRUCTING when we want to get things done?"  Well, smarty-pants, that's how the system works, isn't it?  It's designed to prevent a tyranny of the majority, and your smug nonsensical philosophy is forcing tyranny down our throats.

Read the whole thing.

*****************


This is something I've known since my high school years, over 4 decades ago. What is this something?

Women hate harmless men.

Many modern men have been propagandized to believe that modern women want nice, sensitive, empathetic guys who make them feel safe.

And then they are perplexed and frustrated when they eventually find themselves dumped, divorced, or relegated to the friend-zone for perpetuity.

The only time making women feel safe works is when a man protects them from a dangerous situation, doing so with action, be it as simple as showing their sidearm, wreaking violence upon a miscreant, or somewhere along that spectrum. (I have experienced that personally when three toughs accosted my then fiancee on the Tube in London. One ended up with a broken nose, the second with a dislocated shoulder, and the third, apparently smarter than his mates, decided to back away when he saw what had befallen his fellow thugs. The fiancee looked at me in an entirely different light after that, and I mean in a good way.)

Check out the post and particularly the included video of Dr. Jordan Peterson explaining why this is so.

*****************


And that's the news from Lake Winnipesaukee, where it's NASCAR weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the lake is busy with lots of boats out there, and where I'm glad I can do most of my boating during the week.