1/21/2017

The Fix Is In

Like many others, I watch the inauguration and all of the pomp and circumstance that went with it. Not that I was glued to the TV for hours on end rather than having it on more as background as I worked at my normal job from the laptop while at home.

I did switch from news outlet to news outlet, listening to the difference in commentary from the various talking heads. I found that in general much of the commentary was dark and somewhat negative from the usual suspects (ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, etc.) and positive to neutral from Fox. In other words, nothing unexpected.

But as I watched the hours of coverage a small niggling idea grew into something I could not ignore. The thought kept running through my head, something that was, looking back on it, cynical.

The thought:

How long before someone calls the Trump Presidency a failure?

I thought it might be a week, maybe two at tops.

I was overly optimistic as it took about 20 hours after Trump took the oath before some talking head stated that Trump had already failed the nation due to his choices for various cabinet positions.

Twenty frickin' hours.

These a**holes have totally lost their minds.