6/27/2015

SCOTUS On Gay Marriage - Who Cares?

Now that the Supreme Court has made a decision about gay marriage, I can state my honest opinion about it: I don't really care.

I figure it this way – Why shouldn't gays have the same opportunity to be as miserable as heterosexuals? They want it? They got it...in spades.

The only fallout I can see from this Court decision, other than some of the politicians being hoist upon their own petards, is how it will affect churches, synagogues, temples, and mosques. Will SCOTUS end up sticking their noses in if/when a gay couple decide they want to be married in a religious ceremony and the religious leaders say “No”? Will the various religions be forced to perform and sanction gay marriage even if it against their deeply held beliefs? We've already seen that happen with some businesses so it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that happen when it comes to religion.

I figure it's just a matter of time before someone somewhere decides to go after religion on this matter.