6/01/2008

Thoughts On A Sunday

Weather over this weekend was definitely 50-50. Rainy yesterday, sunny and breezy today. Other than a little trip to a neighboring town, I've been here in The Manse all the time taking care of some 'homework' I brought from work. I wish I could say I got it all done, but I wasn't even close.

My co-worker said each one of the pieces I was working on would take about 90 minutes a piece. He lied. It was closer to 2 and a half hours, meaning there was no way I'd get them all done.

It's gonna be a late night for me tonight, and a truncated Thoughts On A Sunday this week.

********


One interesting item I caught on the news this morning: the 70's/80's rock band Boston has a new lead singer, replacing the late Brad Delp, who committed suicide last year.

The new lead singer in itself isn't the interesting part. What's interesting is the new lead singer has never sung with a band before. He's strictly been a karaoke singer. What's also interesting is that he sounds exactly like Brad Delp. Even Tom Sholz, one of the founders of Boston, says it's absolutely uncanny.

Tommy DeCarlo, 43, an employee at Home Depot in Charlotte, NC has been a fan of Boston since he was 12 years old. He has his daughter to thank for his good fortune because she posted one of his tribute performance to Brad Delp, his only time even performing with a band, on a MySpace page she created for him. And the rest is history.

I wonder if he's given notice yet at the Home Depot?

********


This is just sick. There's no other way to describe it.

(H/T Maggie's Farm)

********


And that's the (greatly) abbreviated news from Lake Winnipesaukee, where summer has finally kicked spring aside, weekends are far too short, and where we didn't manage to get out on the lake over the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.