11/26/2006

Thoughts On A Sunday

Come Monday I will be undergoing a rite of passage. It is a rite usually reserved for those who have crossed a threshold, in this case a certain age.

What is this rite?

A colonoscopy.

While the procedure itself is no big deal, it is the preparations the day before that are...umm...unpleasant. It also means a clear-liquid diet until after the procedure tomorrow.

******


What she said.

******


Jay Solo's work in helping Deb assimilate into New England culture continues.

******


I don't know how I managed to do this, but I've missed the last two episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The first, because I plain forgot to record it a week ago Friday. Second, because the electronic programming guide on Dish TV lied to me, showing that it wasn't on this past Friday...or at least not on at its usual time.

******


I haven't written as much as I'd hoped to at this point, not because I have nothing to write about but because Hilda, the youngest of the three feline members of the household, insists on trying to help me out. It doesn't help when she blocks my view of the screen in an effort to point out where the cursor is located.

******


John Stossel asks whether government should be mandating more liberal paid family leave, child care requirements, or mandatory flexible work schedules in order to meet the demands of working mothers.

His answer: No.

******


The New England Patriots managed to beat the Chicago Bears, 17-13. It was an awesome game.

******


It appears that Charlie Rangel has pulled a John Kerry, insulting our men and women in uniform. Will there be as much of an outcry? Somehow I think not.

Is this endemic in the Democrat leadership? I think so.

******


Michael Moore is at it again.

Is that any surprise?

******


And that's the news from Lake Winnipesaukee, where the weather is still warmer than normal, ski areas are waiting to open, and where the outlet malls of done a booming post-Thanksgiving business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.