10/04/2006

Wednesday Night Shorts

There's a lot I could post about tonight. However I'm going to take the easy way out tonight by linking to a few news stories of interest instead.

**********


It's one thing to ask a county outside of Atlanta to stop funding Spanish language books and publications in the county's libraries, but one woman went too far by asking that all Harry Potter books be banned from public school libraries because “the popular fiction series are an 'evil' attempt to indoctrinate children in the Wicca religion.”

To quote John Stossel, “Give me a break!”

******


One would think that with most of the summer people long gone from Lake Winnipesaukee that the possibility of an accident on the lake would be pretty small. But you'd be wrong.

******


My favorite morning radio show has a feature called “What Hotwings Thinks”. Wednesday's edition rants about global warming and how the dire predictions of a severe hurricane season this year have turned out to be just so much hot air.

******


I don't know about you, but after hearing about this woman's past as well as herv present legal troubles, I wouldn't want to go anywhere near her unless I was heavily armed.

******


Is it possible that Bob Woodward made up some of the quotes in his book State of Denial?

******


Now here's a campaign I can really get behind.

**********


And now I'm off to watch the season premiere of Lost.

Regular blogging continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.