9/16/2006

Gas Prices And Politics

It was only a matter of time before somebody mentioned it. I thought it wouldn't happen for at least a couple more weeks. But then I ran across my friends, MJ and R.

I hadn't seen them for a couple of years, though I had kept touch with them via phone and e-mail.

As we were catching up on things the subject turned towards politics. None of our discussion was partisan as we all agreed that politics in general is a dirty business, regardless of one's political leanings.

And then MJ said it.

“You have to wonder about gas prices falling only a couple of months before the general election.”

She wasn't voicing anything I hadn't thought about, but my take on it was different than hers. So I did the only thing I could do to stop this train of thought.

“Ah, I see my plans to control the economy, and hence, the elections, are coming to fruition! Bwuh-ha-ha-ha!!”

She had no response to that other than laughter, so we were able to move on to more mundane matters.

Thank goodness....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. However personal attacks, legally actionable accusations,or threats made to post authors or those commenting upon posts will get those committing such acts banned from commenting.